My Top 10 Guilty Pleasure’s ;) What are yours?
As I secretly indulged in some of my favorite things this morning, I started thinking about guilty pleasures. The urban dictionary says guilty pleasures are those things we shouldn’t like, but we like anyway. I think this is a contradiction in terms. They are things we do but don’t talk about to anyone. If we really like doing something, we shouldn’t feel guilty about it, right?
CNN did a story on this last year entitled We men don’t have ‘guilty’ pleasures. According to that article, for men, “obsessions are points of pride, not shame.” I don’t think women should hang their heads in shame either. What are yours? I wonder if any of yours are the same as mine.
- Using a lot of time on Instagram filtering my pictures lol while eating raw chocolate with mint or crisps
- Listening to Celine Dion, Tina Turner or Whitney Houston’s old love songs (kinda embarrassing Go ahead, laugh it up)
- Watching any of the Alien Movies!! Specially Number 2 or 4 – Sigourney Weaver is the bomb and spending a random Tuesday afternoon watching those movies is heaven on earth to me.
- Listening to a Australien accent Oh. My. Gosh. Talk about a guilty pleasure – I could listen to a guy with an Australien accent talk all day long. I turn to complete mush. This is one guilty pleasure I don’t get to experience often, but when I do, I can’t get enough.
- Late night eating, I know it’s unhealthy and bad. But I can snack all night long, sometimes I eat loads of food just before bed time and feel like crap in the morning hahaha..
- Fuzzy socks that go all the way up to your knees in lots of colours, so cute and cosy I love wearing them and I know it’s ugly.
- Reading gossip magazines. The magazines that are so bad, they are good. It is one of the easiest guilty pleasures out there. Just grab one at the supermarket for a few hours of indulgence. I don’t care that most of that celebrity stuff isn’t true; I just want to look at all the pictures and dream that I owned as many pairs of shoes as Suri Cruise.
- Sleeping late without being interrupted. Oh.. wow.. what a guilty pleasure. I haven’t been able to do this for months; lately there just isn’t room in my schedule. Do you remember when we were teenagers and we would go to sleep Friday night and wake up late in the afternoon on Saturday? Back then, I didn’t realize how indulgent that was. What I would do for a solid twelve hours of sleep right now. 🙂 Im crashing early tonight.
- Dancing around alone in my apartment it is strange but a guilty pleasure, I love it and it always makes me happy.
- Spending hours on grooming myself, differen’t body oils and face creams, hair moisturizer, manicure’s, body scrub, perfumes I could use all day.